24 May 2010

Sims 2 Legacy Challenge Beginning

Well, since City of Heroes is getting to be too much for my feeble old computer to run I had to find a new game to play. I've decided on Sims 2 for a couple of reasons. The primary one is that I can do other things while it is running, such as catching up on my reading or taking care of other odds-n-ends. Civilization takes all my attention and eats up entire weekends of time since it is so addictive.

So, I'm going to play Sims 2. While it fits my busy schedule it has no real end goal or scoring. A few years ago I ran a breeding experiment in Strangetown, but that's about it. Well, that's where the Legacy Challenge comes in.

For my Legacy Challenge I started with a student aged sim named Albert Fugg. I tried to make him as ugly as possible just to see what the 10th generation would look like. I picked three handicaps: Patriarchy (each generation must have a male heir), One Way Street (can't use elixir of life), and Storyteller (the first nine generations must have a book published). Below is a picture of poor old Albert.



Albert is in college right now. Once he graduates (or gets kicked out) I'll be moving him into his legacy lot.

Playing out nine full generations of Sims and having a baby of the 10th generation born is going to take some time. It might take me a couple years of real life time. I'll post updates when interesting things happen. Chances are I'll get bored of this after a few months.

Now, some of you might be thinking "Hey, isn't Sims 2 just a virtual doll house?" Well I wouldn't know. I played with action figures as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...